Tottenham Hotspur will be able to pair up with Son Heung-min this season.
“Tottenham have decided to keep Giovani Lo Celso at Tottenham despite interest from Real Betis and Barcelona,” the British publication CutOffside reported on Aug. 31.
Lo Celso joined Tottenham Hotspur from Betis in 2019. After a successful loan spell, he made the move outright, but was hampered by injuries.
His place at Spurs became increasingly scarce, and he was forced to leave on loan to Villarreal last year. Not many people paid attention to his downward spiral.
Despite the low expectations, the loan move proved to be a turning point. He gradually increased his playing time at Villarreal and returned to form, scoring two goals and providing three assists in 29 games across all competitions. 스포츠토토
His resurgence saw him make a triumphant return to Tottenham this summer. While his future at Tottenham was still unclear, he received offers from La Liga clubs like Betis and Barcelona.
And it wasn’t just La Liga that wanted him. “Nothing has been agreed yet,” said Lo Celso’s agent. But Tottenham and Napoli continue to talk,” he said, leaving the door open for a move to Napoli.
He also showed signs of improvement in preseason. Lo Celso caught the eye of manager Enze Postecoglou when he scored a brace in a preseason match against the Ryan City Sailors.
As a result, Tottenham’s policy on Lo Celso has changed. According to reports, Postecoglou has asked the club to keep him.
He’s likely to get plenty of playing time at Spurs. Lo Celso started the second leg of the Carabao Cup against Fulham on October 30, signaling that he will be competing for a starting spot at Tottenham.